PDA

View Full Version : Saving everything

yrokumata
02-15-2003, 10:58 AM
I can save configurations, no problem, but Kmail for example, don't keep the received and sended messages after I boot again.
The saving options save the configurations, but not the data created by kmail. Probably it's a simple matter, but anyway thanks for the support.

robk
02-15-2003, 12:32 PM
the data is saved into your home directory, so it has to mounted on a HD, floppy etc. Try knx_persistent home.

Maverik
02-18-2003, 02:35 AM
I may sound kind of dumb right now, but I'm new to Knoppix, and would like more info on this persistent home version. Do i need to partition anything? If not, how and where does it store the info on the HD? and is the persistent version the same as the normal version, just with HD support?

David Douthitt
02-18-2003, 03:13 PM
I can save configurations, no problem, but Kmail for example, don't keep the received and sended messages after I boot again.
The saving options save the configurations, but not the data created by kmail. Probably it's a simple matter, but anyway thanks for the support.

Virtually everything that uses KDE stores your data into ~/.kde ; if you save this directory, you should get most of it. There are a few directories in ~/.kde that could be removed, such as caches, etc.