PDA

View Full Version : how to force knoppix to read the floppy at boot ?

rubis
02-15-2003, 10:36 PM
How to start knoppix automatic as a router/ nat ?

Is there a way to force knoppix to read the floppy and config files automatic when it starts ?

Rubis

god
02-15-2003, 11:02 PM
I believe that all you have to do is copy the knoppix.sh file onto the CD, re-burn and it will automatically use the new config files every time... I am not sure though...

mabhatter
02-22-2003, 05:09 AM
first grab the knoppix start-up cheat sheet. It has lots of goodies on it to try different start-up options.

goto the Knoppix menu and choose the make configuration floppy.

insert a blank floppy and tell it to go!

to reboot with the configuration you just created enter

knoppix floppyconfig

at the boot: prompt.

Rixel
02-24-2003, 04:30 PM
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote Just figured this one out myself.

Syslinux has a text cfg file that sets up the boot args. To have all of the boot args done automatically, just add to the default option at the start of the file.

After editing the floppy syslinux.cfg, I did have a conflict with specifying the refresh and floppyconfig.... although I had specified the refreshrate, because I had also specified the floppyconfig, the system took the floppyconfig settings as precedent. I resolved this by booting in with the manually entered boot args, then saving them to floppy. I then added to the APPEND under the DEFAULT line (in my case):

xvrefresh=66 wheelmouse floppyconfig

That worked fine...I also decreased the timeout and erased some of the files that were not needed (f2 screen, de keymap) as there is limited space on the boot floppy to accomodate the floppyconfig files.

Further info about modifying syslinux.cfg can be found at:

http://syslinux.zytor.com/faq.php