PDA

View Full Version : Add 1 wine program

zzyzx
02-16-2003, 03:00 PM
It would be nice to either pick one complex win program to show how well wine is working. My pick is:

TMPGEnc for converting individual .jpgs and .avis into .mpg or DVDs.

Another option would be to install the free winex and install some freeware 3-D win game, or obtain the rights a commercial game. Supposedly winex can play many win games.

aay
02-17-2003, 03:10 AM
Maybe this is something that Alextreme would consider for his Morphix Gaming Disc.

god
02-18-2003, 06:33 PM
I think the gameing disc +wine+ help setting wine up (i am stull confused) would be great

hint hint

lol

A. Jorge Garcia
02-18-2003, 09:17 PM
Yea, I'm stuck on how to use WINE too! How about adding DOSEMU???

gill1109
07-11-2003, 04:16 PM
i just installed the latest knoppix, it is really great, but i cannot get wine to work. since i am a linux newbie and never used wine before it could easily be me. i have got knoppix working from my hard disk, i did the wine configuration choosing the default options (except i went for win98 rather than win95) and then tried

> wine notepad

which seems to be something which ought to work even if not very useful. i got a lot of messages about making the fonts and then a crash at the end, because of a problem with ... the fonts.

dougvega
08-10-2003, 04:30 AM
how do I mount my windows partition (hda) so I can usit with wine

aay
08-10-2003, 05:18 AM
how do I mount my windows partition (hda) so I can usit with wine

Well if you have an hda1 icon on your desktop you can just click on that and it will be mounted.

Otherwise: mount /mnt/hda1 (presuming your windows partion is hda1)

dougvega
08-10-2003, 07:37 PM
I do have hda1 icon under mnt but nothing happens when i clck on it I just get an empty window so I'll try mount/mnt/hda1 and take it from there
thanks "aay"