PDA

View Full Version : No ALSA with HD install

ica
02-13-2004, 12:13 PM
I am using Knoppix 3.2 live CD. When I type on the boot prompt: "Knoppix alsa" I have full functionall sound.
Then I used command :" knx-hdinstall" to install this linux to hard disk,but when I boot from it I can't get any sound.
I tried command: "alsaconf" but the system not recognized it saying : Bash: bad command:
I really like using this version of Linux so if anyone have the solution for my problem please help
It's driving me crazy.

JoeBWan
02-13-2004, 04:50 PM
In the future you may find it quicker to solve your problem by searching for an answer first, then posting if you have no sucess.

The link below has the answer to your question:

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7687&highlight=alsa+install

try running the following:

/etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig

ica
02-13-2004, 06:51 PM
Thank you Joe.
You are right in every word you said.
I was too blind to see the answer becouse my problem was driving me crazy as I said.
Few minuts after posting my previous question for help I find the answer at the adress you mention, but It was too late to take it back.

The solution you write really work.

I just started using Linux and becouse of this forum and people like you I hope I will enjoy working in it.
Thanks again.

JoeBWan
02-14-2004, 06:44 PM
Thank you Joe.
You are right in every word you said.
I was too blind to see the answer becouse my problem was driving me crazy as I said.
Few minuts after posting my previous question for help I find the answer at the adress you mention, but It was too late to take it back.

The solution you write really work.

I just started using Linux and becouse of this forum and people like you I hope I will enjoy working in it.
Thanks again.

No problem at all! I'm glad you were able to find your solution :)