PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 3.4 install

Nibert
02-13-2004, 04:55 PM
I was wondering if there was a different command to install Knoppix 3.4 because it says that knx-hdinstall is not found (i am logged in as root also)

arkaine23
02-13-2004, 06:43 PM
knx-hdinstall was not included on 3.4. And knx-templates.0.39.tgz is not in /usr/local/lib, like it should be so knioppix-installer doesn't want to work.

You can download -knx-templates.0.39.tgz to your ramdisk. Extract it, and run the knoppix-installer in that folder by cd'ing there and launching with as root with ./knoppix-installer.

Or you can wait for some cuistom versions of 3.4, like the one I'm working on. I've added knx-hdinstall to it alreasdy, and fixed the knx-templates.0.39.tgz so that knoppix-installer works without any tinkering. My iso should be available for download in just a few days. It's called Overclockix 3.4.

dewd
02-14-2004, 09:00 PM
"knx-hdinstall was not included on 3.4. And knx-templates.0.39.tgz is not in /usr/local/lib, like it should be so knioppix-installer doesn't want to work. "

Where can I download such files/tools ? I would like to try ct 3.4 on a harddisk.

Thanks

Khazad
02-29-2004, 04:48 PM
Hi(arkaine23)

is your iso now available???
I have knoppix 3.4 and tried to install it.I've got this knx-template0.39 error.
So i downloaded it but din't really knew what to do with it. Could you give me a step-by-step-guide??? (I'm absolutly new to linux)

[/Or you can wait for some cuistom versions of 3.4, like the one I'm working on. I've added knx-hdinstall to it alreasdy, and fixed the knx-templates.0.39.tgz so that knoppix-installer works without any tinkering. My iso should be available for download in just a few days. It's called Overclockix 3.4.]

icoczar
03-02-2004, 05:46 AM
if you do a google search on overclockix it's available.

arkaine23
03-04-2004, 01:59 AM
The beta is ready, but there are problems in KDE's menu and kicker right now. If you hdd-install, these problems disappear. If you boot in text mode and startx manually, these problems disappear. It's really bugging me as I have not found a way to fix it yet.