PDA

View Full Version : Making RealPlayer and Flash Work

Neb00
12-09-2002, 11:41 PM
Ok I really need some help I am trying to get RealPlayer8 and Flash to work for me.
I am new and can use all the help I can get. I am using the default Web Browser knoqueror. down loaded the Flash player and put the files in the corect file "/usr/lib/netscape/plugins" but still no luck.
I downloaded RealPlayer8 "linux2.x (libc6 i386)" I think that is the one I want not the "linux2.x (libc6 i386) RPM". any way i was not able to make it executable. I tried "chmod u+x rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2.bin" I get "No such file or directory" both files are on my desktop. I am on as root. Can apt-get do that for me? Should i use a different browser?
Later
Ben

eadz
12-10-2002, 06:56 AM
you can put the libflash....so file in /home/knoppix/.netscape/plugins/ ( you may need to make the plugins directory )

then open konqueror options, and on the "netscape plugins" panel, click scan for new plugins. restart konqueror and the flash plugins should work..

Not sure about the realplayer, but try a .tar.gz version, or try searching for an un-offical .deb, or use the program "alien" to convert the .rpn into a .deb

Neb00
12-10-2002, 07:56 AM
Thanks I will give it a try and let you know what hapens.
Coming form Windows I like thes programs and want them to work.
Later
Ben

swordfish35
08-23-2004, 03:12 AM
I had the same problem,although my favorite browser is mozilla, it works 8) 8) thanx !

you can put the libflash....so file in /home/knoppix/.netscape/plugins/ ( you may need to make the plugins directory )

then open konqueror options, and on the "netscape plugins" panel, click scan for new plugins. restart konqueror and the flash plugins should work..

Not sure about the realplayer, but try a .tar.gz version, or try searching for an un-offical .deb, or use the program "alien" to convert the .rpn into a .deb 8)

Radagast
08-23-2004, 01:07 PM
There is a mozilla flash package in the debian archive:

bash# apt-get install flashplayer-mozilla

For realplayer see the post at
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&forumid=18&threadid=211402

later,
radagast.