PDA

View Full Version : How do you start knoppix?

Login_Here
02-15-2004, 09:56 PM
Right now i cant burn the iso to a cd so i used a program to get a virtual drive so i could use it, and i used mkfloppy.bat to create a floppy disc to boot from, and the furthest i can come is a command promt and then i dont know what to do, anyone got any ideas?

Dave_Bechtel
02-19-2004, 05:24 AM
--You want a "poor man's install". Mount the iso in your virtual drive, and retain the boot floppy you made.

Copy x:\knoppix\knoppix to c:\knoppix\knoppix (AFAIK, this only works if C: is FAT32, not NTFS. Repartition and make a dedicated FAT32 D: drive that's ~701MB if necessary. You can also add a dedicated Swap partition [[256MB-512MB recommended]] or create a file called "knoppix.swp" in the Fat32 filesystem, which would necessarily increase the partition's size beyond the bare 701MB) and then reboot with the bootfloppy.

--When Knoppix revs again and you grab the new ISO, update your bootfloppy with the new image and redo the knoppix\knoppix copy again.

Right now i cant burn the iso to a cd so i used a program to get a virtual drive so i could use it, and i used mkfloppy.bat to create a floppy disc to boot from, and the furthest i can come is a command promt and then i dont know what to do, anyone got any ideas?