PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix and D-link PCMCIA Wireless Adapter

tankd0g
02-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Hello, I was wondering if someone could tell me where I should start looking to get a D-Link Air Pro DWL-AB650 802.11a/b adapter to be picked up by Knoppix. And while we're at is does anyone know if there is a way to get it to reconize the touch screen on a Panasonic Toughbook? Thanks.

tankd0g
02-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Hello, I was wondering if someone could tell me where I should start looking to get a D-Link Air Pro DWL-AB650 802.11a/b adapter to be picked up by Knoppix. And while we're at is does anyone know if there is a way to get it to reconize the touch screen on a Panasonic Toughbook? Thanks.

I found Madwifi drivers are needed for the network card at the D-Link site, not too sure what to do with them yet.

mig2000
02-28-2004, 05:06 AM
Please HELP!!!! I have the exact problem as you do. I have a Sony notebook with D-Link DWL-650+ 802.11/b which works great with my XP but the Knoppix CD does not recognized it at all. I am not a Linux person and have tried whatever knowlege that I have and can not get it to work. Not being able to connect to Internet while using Knoppix is almost useless to me. Please advice if you have found a solution.

Many Thanks
Alex

tankd0g
02-28-2004, 03:40 PM
Please HELP!!!! I have the exact problem as you do. I have a Sony notebook with D-Link DWL-650+ 802.11/b which works great with my XP but the Knoppix CD does not recognized it at all. I am not a Linux person and have tried whatever knowlege that I have and can not get it to work. Not being able to connect to Internet while using Knoppix is almost useless to me. Please advice if you have found a solution.

Many Thanks
Alex

I never figured out the Madwifi dirvers, I ended up making a BartPE bootable XP cd.

mig2000
02-28-2004, 04:09 PM
Bootable XP CD????? You mean Knoppix CD?

tankd0g
02-28-2004, 04:12 PM
Bootable XP CD????? You mean Knoppix CD?

No I mean a bootable XP CD. It is a little bit of work to do but it's a good tool to have, true read/write NTFS access. I think I have downloaded and built or installed ever major Live OS available int he past week tryignt o get something useable for this laptop with a busted HD have.

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/