PDA

View Full Version : Madwifi

tankd0g
02-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Looks like the only way to get my PCMCIA Wireless network card going is to use Madwifi according tot he information on D-Links web site. Is this already on the knoppix CD? Any tutorials to available to use it?

JordanBenjamin
02-21-2004, 09:07 PM
I'd be interested in knowing if anyone's had experience with madwifi and Knoppix as well. It's not included in Knoppix. I haven't tried to do anything with it yet, but there is some good information at http://www.mattfoster.clara.co.uk/madwifi-faq.htm which may help you out if nobody in this forum can.

tankd0g
02-22-2004, 04:30 AM
I'd be interested in knowing if anyone's had experience with madwifi and Knoppix as well. It's not included in Knoppix. I haven't tried to do anything with it yet, but there is some good information at http://www.mattfoster.clara.co.uk/madwifi-faq.htm which may help you out if nobody in this forum can.

Looks like a good place to start, thanks.

bearman
04-28-2004, 06:57 PM
I got Knoppix working with my Proxim Orinoco 802.11a/b/g PCMCIA card which uses the madwifi driver. I also performed a number of updates, removed Open Office, and added ndiswrapper and drivers for Broadcom wireless cards. I'm willing to share my ISO, but I don't have a place to post it. If anyone has a public place to post this ISO let me know and I'll share.

BTW
The secret to making Knoppix work with madwifi is upgrading the kernel. You simply will not make it work with the kernel included with Knoppix 3.3

tankd0g
04-28-2004, 07:04 PM
I got Knoppix working with my Proxim Orinoco 802.11a/b/g PCMCIA card which uses the madwifi driver. I also performed a number of updates, removed Open Office, and added ndiswrapper and drivers for Broadcom wireless cards. I'm willing to share my ISO, but I don't have a place to post it. If anyone has a public place to post this ISO let me know and I'll share.

BTW
The secret to making Knoppix work with madwifi is upgrading the kernel. You simply will not make it work with the kernel included with Knoppix 3.3

If you want to email me I have an ftp you can put it on for a while. cphillipo@ramsays-online.com

tankd0g
04-29-2004, 02:29 PM

BTW

If you want to email me I have an ftp you can put it on for a while. cphillipo@ramsays-online.com

Bearman posted it on my FTP, I haven't had a chance to verify it so I hope that 346mb image is valid. tankdog.dyndns.org knoppix/knoppix.

bearman
04-29-2004, 08:07 PM
The MD5Sum is

f51f468f31d3a0391d4f9f260422c32a

Let me know if there's a problem.

jsl81
05-29-2004, 07:35 AM
Bearman- Im going to try this out, for I have a Orinoco I cannot seem to get working and plus I also have a Broadcom integrated card in my presario I too cannot get to work with knoppix. I prey that this will solve, thanks in advance if it does! :)