PDA

View Full Version : Erractic mouse in 3.1, moves only horizonally...

TommyR
02-21-2004, 03:31 AM
Hi all, just registered here and LOVE Knoppix. I loaded it up on an old Dell D300 and it looks great but the mouse is erratic, ps2 style wheelmouse. non-USB. Tried booting with the various cheat codes for mice with no luck. If I unplug the mouse it sometimes comes back and works for a few seconds then stops working vertically. Almost like either knoppix is checking for a mouse or it loses the mouse config. Any ideas? I tried searching for the problem and so far no luck.

Other than that it works great! Got online (roadrunner) immediatelywithout having to config a thing. It just works!

Thanks

Tom

CrashedAgain
02-21-2004, 04:48 PM
I had this happen occasionally on my laptop, turned out to be a hardware problem....replaced the rodent & all was OK so maybe try a different mouse.

TommyR
02-21-2004, 05:43 PM
I had this happen occasionally on my laptop, turned out to be a hardware problem....replaced the rodent & all was OK so maybe try a different mouse.

I thought it may be the mouse but it works fine under Suse 8 on the same box. Thanks for replying.

Tom

Stephen
02-21-2004, 11:51 PM

I thought it may be the mouse but it works fine under Suse 8 on the same box. Thanks for replying.

Tom

What does the section for the mouse look like in the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4? Have you made sure that you have the proper driver being loaded what it looks like in my file.

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "CorePointer"
Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "True"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Yours should look close to this and you need to check the server layout to make sure it is using the correct setting from the Identifier in the mouse section for the InputDevice again from my file yours should look similar except for the second screen line.

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "XFree86 Configured"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
Screen 1 "Screen1" LeftOf "Screen0"
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection