PDA

View Full Version : Small hard drive install

JaVelin >X
02-23-2004, 01:24 AM
I did an install on a small hard drive as described in a previous post and it seems to work at runlevel2 but when I just let it boot it's not taking my cheat code I need to make the video work properly. I put the cheat code in syslinux.cfg and it just boots to a black screen.

where else could it go?

zenkoanlife
02-23-2004, 09:41 PM
I had the same problem with my HD install...
running
dpkg-reconfigure xfreeserver-xfree86 worked for me or xf86config i think would do the same job.

rickenbacherus
02-23-2004, 10:28 PM
it's not taking my cheat code I need to make the video work properly.

What cheat code?

I put the cheat code in syslinux.cfg and it just boots to a black screen.

where else could it go?

Depending on what the code is you may simply be able to add it to /etc/lilo.conf

JaVelin >X
02-23-2004, 11:39 PM
The cheat code is knoppix xvrefresh 56 the LCD screen won't take the default 60hz and I just get junk for a second then it turn black.

dpkg-reconfigure, I will try this but where do the zfreeserver-xfree86 and xfconfig reside? or do I even need to know this? I'll have a look when I get home.

thanks

it's not taking my cheat code I need to make the video work properly.

What cheat code?

I put the cheat code in syslinux.cfg and it just boots to a black screen.

where else could it go?

Depending on what the code is you may simply be able to add it to /etc/lilo.conf

rickenbacherus
02-24-2004, 02:35 AM
The cheat code is knoppix xvrefresh 56 the LCD screen won't take the default 60hz and I just get junk for a second then it turn black.

You could change that by simply editing /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. I don't have a Knoppix-configured XF86Config-4 handy but for a standard XF86Config-4 I would just add the following:

VertRefresh 56

JaVelin >X
03-14-2004, 07:24 AM
Ok this didn't work , I don't know why it did seem to change what happens when it boots up but I still just get a black screen at the end of it all. is there another script or multiple scripts that it reads from when booting ?

You could change that by simply editing /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. I don't have a Knoppix-configured XF86Config-4 handy but for a standard XF86Config-4 I would just add the following:

VertRefresh 56[/quote]