PDA

View Full Version : Prometeus8 @ Knoppix Kde 3.2.1 Kernel 2.6.4-ck1-AVALIABLE

Prometeus
02-29-2004, 01:10 AM
Next week avaliable,with kernel 2.6.4-ck1,alsa build in squashead,with lots scripts install of Linux Kurumin from Brasil and someone ideas of Kalango another remaster of Kurumin with Panel Control for scripts install and nice improvements...

The link
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/brproject/Prometeus.iso?download

http://www.kde-look.org/content/pre1/11095-1.jpg :D

arkaine23
02-29-2004, 05:46 AM
Looks very nice! Does that 2.6 kernel have forcedeth, the GPL nforce2 driver?

Prometeus
02-29-2004, 09:13 AM
Forcedeth was merged @ kernel,alsa was compiled build in,automatic detection and Blanes2000 x manager windows like is present .hey Arkaine i downloaded your new iso,great work,congratulations :D ,i used someone icons and scripts of Overclockix

oscar
02-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Hi Prometeus,

Two questions:
Has your new work support for languages (knoppix lang=us for ex.)
Serial mouse is detected ?

Cheers,

arkaine23
03-01-2004, 07:46 PM
Forcedeth was merged @ kernel,alsa was compiled build in,automatic detection and Blanes2000 x manager windows like is present .hey Arkaine i downloaded your new iso,great work,congratulations :D ,i used someone icons and scripts of Overclockix

Cool! I tried out your previous prometeus release just a few weeks ago. Should get OCix 3.4 out of beta pretty soon....

For those interested, I'm pretty sure I could convert prometeus to English. I'd just have to figure out remastering with squash instead of with cloop.

PAlvarez
03-02-2004, 08:02 AM
I like both this 2.6 based distro and Overclocix, but am hesitant to adopt since I can't get any network card to work with the 2.6 kernel. I am not a driver expert, so can this be solved in future remasters, or is it something the end-user needs to fix?

Lame_Duck
03-05-2004, 01:29 AM
Ae prometeus, ta muito loco isso 8)
putz, fazia tempo que eu não postava nada aqui, não falo inglês, aehuhheahu
vou um pouco em inglês, vou deixar o povo curioso, euheueu =]

The "kommander" is in Prometeus?
The Control Center is equal kalango's Control Centeer?

Blanes 2000 is running live in CD?
In kurumin have one problem with Blanes' menu... =[

dá p/ perceber que não falo nada de inglês, né???
heuaaheu
falou véio!
Você é o mestre das remasters :twisted:

amigaman2
03-10-2004, 07:01 PM
hi;
I want to try and get knoppix to run php-nuke cms system from a live cd
and i want it to load some but not all my content from the cd.
How can i do this in windows??
2) we share our dsl via a hub which lets us connect at anytime with out the other have to be on or even the computer on. would this affect us on the other machines if i run the server on another machine connected to the hub that connects on it's own???
3 ) can i use winiso to edit the iso image and remove packages that i don't need etc just want the base plus mysql,ftp,mail(maybe)php-nuke,firewall,whois etc or another all in one solution to check out possable attacks and space for logos,html files .

The reason I want to do this is i have a bunch of small hd's i'd like to use for the server until I can update my hd etc(need to update mine first 15gig is too small)

any hints tips etc would be great

Prometeus
03-23-2004, 12:54 AM
Sorry be later ,i experimented someone problems
This is a Experimental version with KDE 3.2.1,kernel 2.6.4-ck1,alsa 1.0.3,no apt-get,no compilers .No Warranty. Use at your own risk.
only 222,1 mb

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/brproject/Prometeus.iso?download

spiteful
03-27-2004, 07:12 PM
I've installed (hd) Prometeus on my notebook. All process has gone well but at reboot I couldn't logig because password has not been recognized.
No caps lock, no odd chars,

I'v retried a second time with the standard char set. Same result.

Any idea?

Thanks

c_cinq
03-29-2004, 09:34 PM
prometeusVIII looks good and works great. what are some ideas on getting it to load in english? Kurumin has some recommendations is:
apt-get install kde-i18n-engb

But PrometeusVIII doesn't have apt-get. What are some other ideas other than "work on your portuguese"?