PDA

View Full Version : ETTERCAP

KnoppiXRuleZ
03-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Can i use ettercap on KnoppiX and where i should put it???

UnderScore
03-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Humor me if you will. As per your other posts, you don't know where to type su. Not an usual question for a newbie. However you are now asking how to use ettercap, a network sniffer/interceptor/logger which is a very NOT newbie concept.

Sure you can use ettercap on knoppix. As for where you should put it? I don't know what IT is, nor do I understand the where? Since I do not know your intent in regards to ettercap, and if you are asking how to setup a potential security hole in a network using ettercap, then I will respectfully decline to answer that question. I will give you a tip: You should probably learn linux/unix OSs before trying to hack & crack network sessions. Learn about broadcast domains & layer 2 network access in book s& web guides before attempting any network voodoo as you may be subject to local computer laws.

While another knoppix.net forum users are free to help you, this is where I stop.

KnoppiXRuleZ
03-01-2004, 09:12 PM
Sorry i found where i can enter su then ettercap and there is easy :wink: Im still learning :roll: BTW::Greetings from Bulgaria :P