PDA

View Full Version : haha, now I really need some help......

Rod F.
03-02-2004, 04:03 AM
First, let me clarify... It is version 3.3 I have. I installed it through the console except now when I reboot my system I cannot get it to boot into Knoppix. Through PM8 I can see that it installed, but I cannot access it from boot up. When it asked me about Lilo into the MBR I said yes. What am I missing and what can I do to have a screen open up at boot that offers me a choice of one or the other for 30 seconds?

Thanks again for all you help...

johnb
03-02-2004, 07:29 PM
The command

knoppix-installer

installs the cdrom to the hard drive. I tried using using Partition Magic n(?) when I was getting started in linux. The results were inconsistant. I settled on using Partition Magic for Windows and knoppix-installer for knoppix live cd's. The knoppix-installer has a pretty good partitioning tool. Use cfdisk if you have problems. So, what I am getting around to is a reinstall using the knoppix-installer tools. Many people have had excellent results from using them. I have 2 machines that dual boot that have had different knoppix distros along with windows, never a problem. Before you do a reinstall someone might be able to give a better answer about lilo recovery.

johnb