PDA

View Full Version : Some questions after 3.4 installed

Zhukov
03-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Hello! I have some questions:

I´ve installed 3.4ct, when i login as root in the console it doesnt ask for a password. i´d like to know how to make the system ask for the root password every time i want to use that account. Aswell when changing to terminal (ctr+alt+f2 for example) user root is already logged in.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

PD: i hope i could explain my question, i´m still a begginer in this O.S.

ktheking
03-05-2004, 11:21 AM
It is not advisable to use the 3.4 CT edition to use it for harddisk installation.
CT personalised this.
This is already mentioned somewhere in this forum.

Zhukov
03-05-2004, 06:51 PM
I think that with the answers could learn more about linux. I know that the ct edition isnt a good choice but i wanted to try the 2.6 kernel and had these questions.

Ok, lets wait for the 3.4 ed. of knoppix! btw, thnx for the answer.

champagnemojo
03-05-2004, 08:50 PM
I'm running on a hd-install of 3.4 C't at home. I haven't noticed such an issue, but I always use sudo pretty much so maybe I'm overlooking it.

Are you ever able to login with a password? If not, have you tried setting a password for root using the passwd command?

Stephen
03-05-2004, 10:32 PM
Hello! I have some questions:

I´ve installed 3.4ct, when i login as root in the console it doesnt ask for a password. i´d like to know how to make the system ask for the root password every time i want to use that account. Aswell when changing to terminal (ctr+alt+f2 for example) user root is already logged in.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

PD: i hope i could explain my question, i´m still a begginer in this O.S.

Sounds like you have done a Knoppix style install not a Debian one. If this is so then you need to install again using the Debian method and you will have a "normal" system not one that acts like the CD.