PDA

View Full Version : WUSB linksys adaptor

Nessun
03-05-2004, 07:45 AM
Hi. Im pretty well a complete newb to linux been running windows for quite some time and have ssh to some servers know a couple basic commands. Looking to change over to linux for myself. I just installed knoppix on my laptop and am having no luck getting my wireless usb adaptor to work. I saw a couple post here and attempted to copy them doing the same thing but I am way to new to linux to be able to accomplish this and need it broke down if someone could assist me with this it would be Great. Thanx in advance.

Nessun
03-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Ok spent the last about 4hrs trying this any help that can be given would be great I have searched through all the other post and been running as many commands as I can fine in attempt to get this working. I have tried this site http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/howto/howto.html and when I get to dmesg it doesnt work. Also tried the stuff at ftp://ftp.linux-wlan.org/pub/linux-wlan-ng/README/ but when i try this command
D) Run 'wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable' to initialize the
driver+MAC functions.
I get No such device.

Nessun
03-05-2004, 10:18 AM
also someone said if it says no such device to try
wlcardconfig
I tried this command and it says no wireless card found I would assume that is because my card is a usb and not a pci.

realmccoy
09-30-2004, 12:34 AM
I have this exact same problem, with the same messages you do. I can't seem to get it to work either. Anyone know how to fix this?