PDA

View Full Version : Help with Nero 6 and Knoppix 3.3

wadz
03-06-2004, 10:12 PM
Hi I am relatively new to linux (1 year). I am 45 years of age and a computer network engineer so not a total newbie. I need someones help in respect of Nero 6 and Knoppix. At this point people usually get " Read the FAQs etc.etc. I have but I can not find an answer to my problem so can anyone help.?

I have downloaded Knoppix 3.3 from a Knoppix mirror, extracted it to a folder and brought up nero 6 to burn it. I have followed the "Choose recorder/burn image and then point it to the folder containing the files.
I have tried "all files" and get 3 folders, demos, knoppix and talks and nothing else. Under "nrg, iso, cue." it shows Demos, Knoppix, Talks, autorun.bat, autorun.inf, cdrom icon and index.html. Nero does not under any circumstances identify it as an ISO file. Is it me, what am I doing wrong. thanks in anticipation

Markus
03-06-2004, 10:20 PM
If you've downloaded it as a .iso, don't extract it, just burn the iso as it is.

Some people have complained about windows download manager changing the iso to .rar or something, if that's the case, you might have to download it again and try to override the windows "help" functions.

wadz
03-07-2004, 12:15 AM
Marcus, you hit the nail on the head there, Its win rar thats causing the problem, now I know why, thanks for the help, you were spot on.
Was thinking to laterally, geez I feel so silly now. Thank gain m8

wadz
03-07-2004, 03:31 AM
Hi Marcus

Thanks 4 that, up and running now again. Unistalled Win RAR. converted it to a winzip file, and lo and behold, an ISO image. Thanks 4 putting me in the right direction. Never even thought about RAR. I mean it m8 thanks big style

Markus
03-07-2004, 10:09 AM
You're wellcome!

Don't know if you actually have to uninstall winrar? Perhaps just remove the iso file association from its options?

bongski55
03-07-2004, 11:55 AM
You're wellcome!

Don't know if you actually have to uninstall winrar? Perhaps just remove the iso file association from its options?

Pardon me for butting in but I also have winrar in my pc and have not encountered this problem in my nero 6. Seems the iso file gets opened up as nero selects the image. Strange...

Markus
03-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Depends on the order you install winrar and nero which program takes over the .iso file association.
You can also choose which file types you want winrar to handle at the installation setup.
Or just leave the .iso file type without a program to handle it to have windows ask what to do with iso files.