PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000

Grafbak
03-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Hello,

I have been trying to get my webcam working under Knoppix, with only few results.
The model is a Logitech quickcam Pro 4000 (usb), and i experience the following symptoms :

when i use : xawtv -c /dev/video0 it recognizes the webcam and starts up xawtv. However the image of xawtv is green, entirely. When i move my hand in front of the webcam, i can see a little change in color, but nothing is actually visible.

when i use gqcam, it shows a very tiny square in the middle of the gqcam screen, and in the top of this square are three smaller squares, showing a black and white picture of what my webcam is aimed at.
When i move my hand in front of the cam, it shows my moving hand in almost real time.

It seems i configured some things right, but i can not get a good image on my screen.

Can somebody please give me a little help on how to get a clear and colorfull image out of my Logitech ?

If you need any further information i can post it ofcourse.
Thank you very much.

aay
03-08-2004, 09:47 PM
I've had the same exact experience though I haven't really spent any time trying to get it working. It used to work perfectly on either 3.1 or 3.2. Anyone with info on this feel free to pipe in.

Grafbak
03-08-2004, 10:13 PM
Well, you may be able to help me. You have a significant number of posts, so i assume pretty knowledgeable :-).

Perhaps you can answer this :

1) Do i still have to install the pwcx-9.0-beta1 in this situation ?

2) If i do, i have to this with a command line :

patch -p1 -s < ~/pwcx-9.0-beta-1/patch-2.4.22

When i give this command it asks me which file it should patch, and i do not know what file i actually want to patch here. Any idea's ?

I installed the kernel-sources with apt-get -f install kernel-source-2.4.22 and didn't mess with it.

I hope this may bring me closer to a solution.
thank you