PDA

View Full Version : An easy one (I hope!) for you guys

ryans
03-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Hi

I'm running the live CD and have encountered a few problems.

1. My network card isn't recognised. I found the appropriate file (kernal-source-bcm5700-6.2.11-6.2.11-alt1.src.rpm), copied it to the Knoppix desktop and opened it in KPackage. Then I selected install and entered the root login (after creating one). I now get this error message:

<1-source-bcm5700-6.2.11-alt1.src.rpm';echo RESULT=$ error: cannot write to %sourcedir /usr/src/rpm/SOURCES RESULT=1

Can somebody please tell me what to do? Maybe I should drop KPackage and install via commands? If that's the case, please let me know what they are!

2. My wireless card is not recognised. I think I've found the correct config changes:

device "pcmf502rd"
class "network" module "pcmf502rd"

card "Belkin F5D6020u (rev 2)"
manfid 0x01bf, 0x3302
bind "pcmf502rd"

however, I do not have the necessary rights to save these changes in the config files. How should I go about changing this?

Many Thanks for any replies from a desperate newbie!

arkaine23
03-12-2004, 01:59 AM
You won't have much luck unless you hdd-install or remaster the CD. It's kind of hard to write to an unwriteable filesytem (CD-R/RW).

ryans
03-12-2004, 10:16 AM
I realise that now. Originally I'd thought Knoppix was dumped to some temp folder. I suppose the changes can be saved on some local device then run via a script for every install?