PDA

View Full Version : one more question

kaibab
03-12-2004, 01:09 AM
1. i run winxp home edition, a dell machine, pIII at 850+ mhz, 128 megs of ram, 20GB hard drive
just wondering where does knoppix (live cd) put the config files on the hard drive?
knoppix v3.3 02-14-2004 version
2. how do you get knoppix to connect to the internet on the live cd (or which faq is it)?
3. where do you find the mozilla browser?[/code][/i]

mightydavefish
03-12-2004, 01:37 AM
Hi Kaibab,
1. By default, knoppix does not install any files to you hard drive when you are running from CD. It all runs from the CD, no data is written.
2. If you are using a dial up connection, you can try getting online using KPPP, it is under the K menu in Internet>Connect. If your modem has been detected it should work just fine. You'll need to know the phone number for your ISP, as well as your login and password for your ISP. The FAQ is here http://knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqNetwork
3. If it's on the CD, it should be under the Internet section of the menu.

kaibab
03-12-2004, 01:56 AM
thank you

kaibab
03-13-2004, 08:19 PM
how do you set up internet (dsl arescom usb, have no NIC (and don't really have the money to buy one)) through usb on the knoppix cd?

firebyrd10
03-13-2004, 09:19 PM
I don't think that knoppix currently supports usb DSL connections.

Wy not get a NIC thay only cost $7 which is plenty cheap for someone who doesn't have any money. (unless you mean that literally)