PDA

View Full Version : Debian upgrage for more than one PC in LAN 1 download only.

mikekgr
03-12-2004, 09:54 PM
Dear Sirs,
I am wondering how can update / upgrade for more than one PC (in my LAN). In more details :
I have a LAN with three Debian bases computers. All of them are connected to internet via NAT, anyway that not the point.
The real question is the following: who can download the .deb packages to one pc and when I do apt-get upgrade (to the rest two) to use these packages and not to download 3 times the same packages???

Do you understand what I meed/mean ??? I can not write goot English by the way...

Best Regards
Mike Kranidis

OErjan
03-13-2004, 08:32 AM
make that computer the one that apt takes the packages from, that is, edit /etc/apt/sources.list to point to the right directory in the network.

Stephen
03-13-2004, 09:30 AM
Dear Sirs,
I am wondering how can update / upgrade for more than one PC (in my LAN). In more details :
I have a LAN with three Debian bases computers. All of them are connected to internet via NAT, anyway that not the point.
The real question is the following: who can download the .deb packages to one pc and when I do apt-get upgrade (to the rest two) to use these packages and not to download 3 times the same packages???

Do you understand what I meed/mean ??? I can not write goot English by the way...

Best Regards
Mike Kranidis

You are looking for the apt-proxy or apt-move packages.

mikekgr
03-13-2004, 10:51 AM
Dear Sirs,

thanks for the answers.
I will try your suggestions

Best Regards
Mike Kranidis