PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix mounted ReiserFS partition as SWAP!?!

beatz
03-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Hi!

Yesterday I was about to make a backup off my linux partition (Gentoo) and booted Knoppix 3.$ from CD for that reason. When I started up partimage I saw that my linux partition was shown as swap. Puzzled by that I checked my partitions with cfdisk and everything seemed normal. So I rebooted to go back to my Gentoo install and it wouldn't boot. Argh! so I started up Knoppix again to do some research and looking at the bootup messages I noticed that Knoppix mounted my linux partition /dev/hda6 as SWAP. WTF?

Fortunately I managed to restore my original file system with reiserfsck and a backup I had, but Knoppix is still mounting it as this partion as swap eventhough I have a swap partition as /dev/hda5. Whats wrong with Knoppix???

Dave_Bechtel
03-17-2004, 08:10 PM
--I sent an email to Klaus about this; hopefully we will hear back from him soon.

Hi!

Yesterday I was about to make a backup off my linux partition (Gentoo) and booted Knoppix 3.$ from CD for that reason. When I started up partimage I saw that my linux partition was shown as swap. Puzzled by that I checked my partitions with cfdisk and everything seemed normal. So I rebooted to go back to my Gentoo install and it wouldn't boot. Argh! so I started up Knoppix again to do some research and looking at the bootup messages I noticed that Knoppix mounted my linux partition /dev/hda6 as SWAP. WTF?

Fortunately I managed to restore my original file system with reiserfsck and a backup I had, but Knoppix is still mounting it as this partion as swap eventhough I have a swap partition as /dev/hda5. Whats wrong with Knoppix???

beatz
04-13-2004, 05:50 PM
Any news?

I still have the same problem. It makes Knoppix unusable for me. Is there any way to tell Knoppix not to use any partitions as swap?

Thanx!

Markus
04-13-2004, 05:59 PM
The noswap cheatcode should work if you have the RAM.
BTW what type does your reiser partition show as with "fdisk -l"?