PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix wont boot with boot floppy

proto
03-17-2004, 02:43 PM
I burned an Iso copy of Knoppix and made aBoot floppy , these worked fine on one of my computers and Knoppix came up OK. On the other computer , which will also not boot from the CD I used the same CD and boot floppy and nothing , I could not get Knoppix to come on the screen. I know the CD and Floppy are working or else they would not have worked on the other computer. Im running Win 98 SE on both computers , anybody have any ideas?

windos_no_thanks
03-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Is the BIOS set to try to boot from floppy before booting from the HD ?

proto
03-17-2004, 10:35 PM
[quote="windos_no_thanks"]Is the BIOS set to try to boot from floppy before booting from the HD ?[/quote NO the PC isn't set to boot from the BIOS but it seems it should boot with the floppy. I have used the SAME floppy to boot the same CD in my other computer. :?:

firebyrd10
03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
It doesn't really matter if the floppy works on another. (well it does show that the floppy was written correctly, whichs matters....I...guess)
Even though the floppy does work if the computer doesn't look at the floppy to see if it can boot from it then its not going to work.

Change the BIOS settings to be able to boot from the floppy disk.

Also check to see if you can boot straight from the cd rather then having to use a floppy. (cd-rom boot)