PDA

View Full Version : lilo graphical menu (install=bmp) and boot parameters

knulle
03-17-2004, 07:41 PM
Hi !

First of all: I did RTFM
- but found nothing about how to use lilo with the boot-bitmaps (install=bmp) and the possbilty to add boot-parameters at the lilo menu.
Can anybody help, please ?

Knut

Stephen
03-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Hi !

First of all: I did RTFM
- but found nothing about how to use lilo with the boot-bitmaps (install=bmp) and the possbilty to add boot-parameters at the lilo menu.
Can anybody help, please ?

Knut

This will get you one of the included Debian maps and give you something to start to make modifications if you want.

# Installs the specified file as the new boot sector
# You have the choice between: bmp, compat, menu and text
# Look in /boot/ and in lilo.conf(5) manpage for details
#
#install=/boot/boot-menu.b
bitmap=/usr/share/lilo/contrib/debianlilo.bmp
bmp-colors=1,,0;9,,0
bmp-table=106p,144p,2,9,144p
bmp-timer=514p,144p,6,8,0
install=/boot/boot-bmp.b

For the parameters if you just want to use them on a per boot basis then at the lilo screen you start typing them in with the name of the image you want to boot with the parameter(s) eg. Linux noapci mem=512M then enter to boot with them used if you want the parameter used every time for all images then you use the append="noapci mem=512M" in the lilo.conf file and of course after making any change you run /sbin/lilo -v as root to write to the disk for use on the next boot.

knulle
03-18-2004, 09:15 AM
I knew the part with the bootscreenlogo, but I obviously picked the wrong one (SID = without any text).
When I picked debianlilo.bmp I found this wonderful hint to press TAB to enter the kernel parameters !

Thanks !

spiff1281
03-18-2004, 12:03 PM
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=11098