PDA

View Full Version : Can't go on internet

Expera
03-18-2004, 02:08 PM
I am an absolutely newbie on linux: i'm stared with knoppix two days ago. Everything seems to be work (something small things need to be set up) but the major problem is that after i did a hd install of knoppix the network card seems be not there. with all network-related programs exept one(i don't no wich one because it is difficult for me to remember all things in that very big knoppix!) he says that there is no network interface installed. If i boot from the knoppix cd everything seems be work very fine. How can i autoconfigure my devices on startup from hd because then i think that my network card is detected well. I use a compaq deskpro en p667 pc with an onboard intel pro vm/100 (that device have says winxp pro that is there.

Expera
03-18-2004, 05:29 PM
How can i install a driver module from hd boot? They say that you have to enter 'expert' at boot prompt. From the cd boot it works well, but a hd boot is at me very different than a cd boot. I have found the drivers for the intel pro 100VM network card for Linux.
I'm a very newbie (2 days!!) on Linux...