PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix Hardware Autodetection on HDD Install

Juztin
03-18-2004, 05:26 PM
Goodmorning everyone,

I couldnt help but notice the boot up from the knoppix cd to the hdd install has changed. Seems like the very stringent HD detection is now bye-bye. Is there any easy way to keep this HDD detection going on the HDD install and not simply by just mirroring the CDROM onto the HD, but going through the HD install?

I do like the hardware detection of Knoppix and would like to keep it in the HDD install, especially for when I use a mirrored version of knoppix from one "master" HD.

--j2

c123
03-18-2004, 05:56 PM
yes (I think so). when you install Knoppix to hdd ("sudo knoppix-installer"), you have to choose the installation type between "debian" and "knoppix". If you choose "knoppix" you keep the hardware detection.

bob58
03-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Hi I noticed that too to a much lesser degree....I originally chose the Knoppix installation over Debian, but I had alot of trouble with passwords. I could'nt get in as root. and there were some other very minor things. I re did installation and chose Debian this time and i did have to play around with some things, namely the cdrom....but other than that its great. bob