PDA

View Full Version : Itronix IX-260 booting problem

firebyrd10
03-19-2004, 10:44 PM
While trying to boot my IX-260 everything seems to be going fine (besides the error about not being able to use my celluar adapter card) but when I get to X11 starting up the screen goes black and nothing happens. The cd doesn't even read.

But when I start it up in failsafe maode everything seems to go fine, including X11 and KDE. (atleast what I checked which isn't much yet) besides the touch screen which is about 5 inches off (that doesn't really matter as I don't use the touchb screen)

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas about this? Also how to you correctly do the no hardware scaning? like no{pcmcia} or no pcmcia

and for anyone who cares Itronix is a small company that makes rugged laptops and tablets

Stephen
03-20-2004, 12:15 AM
It would be knoppix nopcmia and you just add others on the end of the line if you need more than one, I would suggest noddc to stop detection of the screen and the xmodule= for the video card and xvrefresh=60 or vsysnc=60 for the refresh rate.

firebyrd10
03-20-2004, 12:48 AM
well I've did what you said but it didn't work :(

However I did try noagp and it started up like a charm.

Now the only thing is to get it to find the battery and get it to work with the WiFi card. (both not important)

so if I wanted multiple things to not detect I would type for say

noagppcmcia ?

Stephen
03-20-2004, 01:00 AM
so if I wanted multiple things to not detect I would type for say

noagppcmcia ?

knoppix nopcmia noagp they are separate but still with the no in front.