PDA

View Full Version : Problem booting from compaq armadam700

chouicha
03-20-2004, 09:00 PM
Hi All,

I just got knoppix 3.3 CD, it work with no problem on a DELL desktop.
But on my armada m700. On the boot prompt I push <enter>, get the "loading" message and after 3 min, I get the follwoing message:
"Boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue.."

After this message I have to re-boot my armada. Any help welcomed.
Thanks.

Amine.

OErjan
03-21-2004, 10:39 AM
does the armada have floppy? if yes, make a bootfloppy.

windos_no_thanks
03-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Hi All,

I just got knoppix 3.3 CD, it work with no problem on a DELL desktop.
But on my armada m700. On the boot prompt I push <enter>, get the "loading" message and after 3 min, I get the follwoing message:
"Boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue.."

After this message I have to re-boot my armada. Any help welcomed.
Thanks.

Amine.
Is the m700 able to read the cd if you first boot into windoze & then insert the knoppix cd ?

chouicha
03-21-2004, 04:02 PM
No it doesn't, once I select the CD drive I hear it spinning but window explorer just hang. On my DELL desktop windows can read it, but not the m700.
Should I look for another knoppix CD? Thanks.

chouicha
03-21-2004, 04:34 PM
Armada has a multi-bay drive (I can have either the floppy drive or the CD driver, but not both). Using the the floppy boot, I get only a minimal shell. Thanks.

windos_no_thanks
03-21-2004, 05:45 PM
No it doesn't, once I select the CD drive I hear it spinning but window explorer just hang. On my DELL desktop windows can read it, but not the m700.
Should I look for another knoppix CD? Thanks.
I think your problem is that the CD drive can't read the particular CD you have Knoppix on.
(and it probably wouldn't be able to read it no matter what was on it)
Try burning it on a different brand of CD. Some drives are also better at reading CDRWs while others seem to work better with CDRs.

RascalHoudi
03-25-2004, 07:50 AM
Are you using a docking station?

I have a similar problem with my m700 when it is in the docking station. Once I removedit and boot it standalone, knoppix 3.3 works fine.