PDA

View Full Version : Changing Lilo Menu

bob58
03-21-2004, 12:20 AM
Hello....Is it possible to change the LILO boot menu to something else? I have found a few nice .BMP samples here: /usr/share/lilo/contrib There are some nice menu screens in .BMP format. Is there a way to edit the lilo.conf file to display one of these files instead of the stock one I have?
The lilo.conf file does make reference to a "menu.b" which i assume is what it is using now. The line is: Install=/boot/boot-menu.b
I replaced the menu.b with "sarge.bmp" but when I re booted, the lilo boot screen was skipped and a text logon came up. So obviously my path is wrong but I dont know how to fix cause I don't know where "menu.b" is! thanks! bob

GainesTR
03-22-2004, 12:47 AM
Bob58

Your pretty close.

Change the line that reads install=/boot/boot-menu.b to install=/boot/boot-bmp.b

then add the following lines

bitmap=/usr/share/lilo/contrib/debianlilo.bmp
bmp-colors=1,,0;9,,0
bmp-table=106p,144p,2,9,144p
bmp-timer=514p,144p,6,8,0

exit and save the new lilo.conf file

at command line type lilo

that will give you the debianlilo.bmp screen at boot up. If you want the other ones, you will just have to change positions of the menu on the bmp-table line.

I just kept the debianlilo.bmp screen and am happy with it. I plan on adding my own bmp image someday when I have nothing better to do! Ha, Ha

GainesTR

ykhov
04-05-2004, 05:25 AM
here's the map for the debian bmps.

open the file /etc/lilo.conf

change the line "install=/boot/boot-menu.b"

install=/boot/boot-bmp.b
bitmap=/boot/sarge.bmp
bmp-colors=1,,0,2,,0
bmp-table=120p,173p,1,15,17
bmp-timer=254p,432p,1,0,0

run $: