PDA

View Full Version : is there a limit of cheatcodes on the command line?

zeus916
02-23-2003, 05:47 AM
The reason I ask this is because I use the knoppix=wheelmouse after also typing in "knoppix lang=us knoppix screen=800x600 knoppix xvrefresh=60"

Can they be combined effectively? For example: knoppix lang=us screen=800x600 xvrefresh=60 wheelmouse?

The wheelmouse is no big deal to me, until I get the internet setup straight, but I'm curious if there is a limitation to the amount of cheatcodes one can list at bootup.

Thanks.

Stephen
02-23-2003, 07:55 AM
The only limit would be the number of parameters you can pass to the boot process. Also you can enter knoppix lang=us screen=800x600 wheelmouse no extra knoppix in between it will save you some typing.

zeus916
02-26-2003, 04:21 AM
Thanks Stephen...

I'm assuming Knoppix would recognize a refresh rate higher than 60mhz. This setting still has a slight impedence on my screen. I'm thinking of trying a "xvrefresh=85" but wanted to ask in case doing so would cause loss of any video. I have an ancient, standard VGA monitor but I believe I use 80-85 as a refresh rate with Win2k.

Also, as address in a previous post.... Knoppix isn't recognizing the "knoppix floppy config" command at boot prompt.

I may have oversighted the "=" when trying this.

Thanks again.

David Douthitt
02-26-2003, 04:58 PM
Also, as address in a previous post.... Knoppix isn't recognizing the "knoppix floppy config" command at boot prompt.

The command isn't:

knoppix floppy config

...but rather:

knoppix floppyconfig

...remove the space and it should work.