PDA

View Full Version : Floppy automount problems

PiotrS
03-24-2004, 02:54 AM
Hello,

I have run into a bit of a problem with the automount for a floppy drive.

I have performed a hard disk install of Knoppix (KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN.iso) but now the floppy will not automount. I can hear the drive spin up, but at the end I get an error that /mnt/floppy cannot be found. Needless to say that when ran from the CD everything worked flawlessly with the same floppy. I checked and compared permissions/ownerships, etc. and all seems to be the same. Has anyone encountered this? A websearch did not result in any useful clues. Particularly since Knoppix uses a custom automount.sh script. I could really use some suggestions/pointers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Piotr

champagnemojo
03-24-2004, 05:38 AM
Do you get that error while you're mounting or when you try to access the /mnt/floppy directory? If it's when you try to access it, perhaps the floppy is mounting to /floppy and not /mnt/floppy. If it's at the end of the mount command you should post your /etc/fstab file and someone can probably help you fix it. :)

Stephen
03-24-2004, 07:46 AM
Hello,

I have run into a bit of a problem with the automount for a floppy drive.

I have performed a hard disk install of Knoppix (KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN.iso) but now the floppy will not automount. I can hear the drive spin up, but at the end I get an error that /mnt/floppy cannot be found. Needless to say that when ran from the CD everything worked flawlessly with the same floppy. I checked and compared permissions/ownerships, etc. and all seems to be the same. Has anyone encountered this? A websearch did not result in any useful clues. Particularly since Knoppix uses a custom automount.sh script. I could really use some suggestions/pointers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Piotr

Right click on the icon for the floppy select delete then right click on the desktop choose create new then floppy device in the device tab in the dialog that appears choose the /dev/fd0 from the menu then save the new shortcut.