PDA

View Full Version : toggle event sounds on/off?

bob58
03-24-2004, 05:37 PM
How do you turn the event sounds on and off? When knoppix boots on my laptop, there is a short musical thing that plays but i have no event sounds, like when you open and close windows, on my desktop, there are all these crazy sounds.....just curious.....bob

c123
03-24-2004, 05:48 PM
...and after a HDD install, sounds (in KDE at least) are gone. So I'm interested as well!

bob58
03-24-2004, 06:14 PM
Well it's not like they are gone. I have a desktop computer with knoppix on the HDD....works grest and all sounds work. But my laptop, I installed knoppix the same way and it is OK too but the only system sound i have is that little thing it plays when it boots up....no event sounds on laptop for some reason.....If you go into Kstart menu, to configure sounds, there is an option that asks if you want some kind of sound server to start when knoppics boots up....mine is check yes on both computers.....hmmmmmm :shock:

bob58
03-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Well it's not like they are gone. I have a desktop computer with knoppix on the HDD....works grest and all sounds work. But my laptop, I installed knoppix the same way and it is OK too but the only system sound i have is that little thing it plays when it boots up....no event sounds on laptop for some reason.....If you go into Kstart menu, to configure sounds, there is an option that asks if you want some kind of sound server to start when knoppics boots up....mine is check yes on both computers.....hmmmmmm :shock: