PDA

View Full Version : Soundblaster Live works but is very quiet.

gtp1964
02-24-2003, 12:36 AM
My Soundblaster Live card is detected by the soundcard setup program but gives extremely quiet sound, almost inaudible in fact. I have tried adjusting the sound mixer settings but the problem appears more fundamental.

Strangely enough, using the Knoppix based Freeduc distribution, sound output is at a normal volume.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

god
02-24-2003, 02:24 AM
my soundblaster live has the same problem... when i turn the speakers up and reboot into XP.. it is LOUD!!!!!!!! lol

RobbieXP
02-24-2003, 07:33 AM
i have the same problem.
but i dont get any sound, and the mixer detect my sound blaster

anynody???

TekkamanShard
02-24-2003, 06:12 PM
my soundblaster live has the same problem... when i turn the speakers up and reboot into XP.. it is LOUD!!!!!!!! lol

Tell me about it lol, I just tried knoppix a few min ago and its quiet.

but still really cool.

VeeDubb
03-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Smae problem here, hae it when I reboot to windows without turning down the sound...

Is there any way of adjusting the volume in linux? I couldn't find anything. Also, I couldn't find anything to adjust the screen resolution...

jamesgf
03-24-2003, 07:28 PM
what kind of speakers are you guys using? I hear nothing through my boston accoustic digital speakers, havent checked analog though.....

my card is detected and set up however.

-jamie

VeeDubb
03-24-2003, 07:52 PM
I'm using bostons

Stephen
03-24-2003, 09:41 PM
To adjust the sound levels edit the /etc/aumixrc file. You will see pairs of numbers there for you right and left channels change them to the desired volume level you want. If You want to it graphically try using KMix under Multimedia -> Sounds.

To adjust your resolution go to settings -> control center -> peripherals -> X Display off the K menu for a HD install for cd-rom use the screen= cheat code.

VeeDubb
03-27-2003, 07:17 AM
Kmix did it for me.