PDA

View Full Version : home on HDD and kliks ?

raptor
03-29-2004, 02:09 PM
hi, I read about "klik" .... very cool,
Now how can I make my home directory stay on HDD and all programs installed via
klik to go there... but on the other hand still to boot from the CD...

And if I later decide to do knx-hdinstall, will klik packges be preserverd..

tia

firebyrd10
03-29-2004, 10:13 PM
make a persistent home directory on the Hardrive. If its not NTFS then you'll be able to. Just click the knoppix menu, config, create persistent home

mannyd
12-08-2004, 03:50 PM
I tried klik with persistent home and it does not work for me. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong. I am trying to use persistent home with knoppix 3.4 via cheatcode knoppix home=/dev/sda1

Do we need to create the persistent home directory first? Then install klik after the reboot? Do we need to use persistent home and save my config?

Every time I use klik, the klik program disappears and there is the install directory on my hdd. Please let me know your successful configurations. Thank you.

drb
12-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Do we need to create the persistent home directory first? Then install klik after the reboot? Do we need to use persistent home and save my config?

Yes. I found it best to save the configuration file - reboot with myconf=scan - create a persistent home - reboot with home = scan and myconf = scan

I created a 230MB PH on a pen drive. Once you start using Klik you'll find the space runs out quite quickly so a larger PH on your hard drive may be a better way to go

drb