PDA

View Full Version : CD burning

sn0wflake
03-30-2004, 06:30 PM
How do I burn a CD? How do I burn ISO, CCD, BIN/CUE files? Is there a simple GUI in KDE that'll do the trick?

I've searched and I can't see a simple howto guide :(

Stephen
03-30-2004, 07:43 PM
How do I burn a CD? How do I burn ISO, CCD, BIN/CUE files? Is there a simple GUI in KDE that'll do the trick?

I've searched and I can't see a simple howto guide :(

Open K3b and go into the Tools menu -> CD -> Burn CD Image and choose the image you want to burn.

sn0wflake
03-31-2004, 08:09 AM
Thank you Stephen, you're an excellent Helper! My installation test of Knoppix 3.3 borked my network so I have to burn everything to CD and reinstall Knoppix.

Pingüino
03-31-2004, 07:58 PM
Excuse me but I will make an idiot newbie question: An ISO image burned in Linux with k3b is readable in Windows too right?

Stephen
03-31-2004, 08:55 PM
Excuse me but I will make an idiot newbie question: An ISO image burned in Linux with k3b is readable in Windows too right?

It depends on the file system that is inside the image in the case of Knoppix images they use a standard CD file system which windows can read.

Pingüino
03-31-2004, 10:01 PM
Thanks Steven :) That answered my question perfectly.
I asked because I want to make some copies of Windows programs under Linux, because my external HP recorder is not detected by Nero under Windows XP, but works perfectly under Linux.

Thanks again, greetings from Penguinland. :D