PDA

View Full Version : how can i disabled the knoppix index.html page at setup

shayl6
03-30-2004, 10:19 PM
how can i disabled the knoppix index.html page at setup?

Ambrose
04-14-2004, 03:31 AM
http://gnubox.dyndns.org:8080/~sunil/knoppix.php

FAQ
1) How do I stop konquerer at startup

- Ambrose

heldersepu
05-21-2004, 03:40 PM
how can i disabled the knoppix index.html page at setup?

I did it easily, Open the Iso in an application such as "WinISO" delete or edit [autorun.bat]

Cuddles
05-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Shayl6,

I did it, when I was running on v3.3 CD (not hard drive installed), but it required using "Save Configuration" from the KMenu --> Knoppix --> Configuration ( or was it a "persistant Home" ?)

Anyway, unless you do as heldersepu suggests, and change the actual ISO for the CD, any changes you make with booting the CD, are not going to be retained on your next boot of the CD, unless you save configs (or Home).

With that said, I am sure that the reply that Ambrose posted, from the FAQ may be the way I am thinking of doing it. Sorry, Ambrose, I didn't actually "look" at the link, but I am sure it is what I did, when I ran the CD, and also was running the CD with "Save Configs" and a "Persistant Home", along with a Swap. The FAQ's on this web site are fantastic, most, if not all, of the questions I have ever had, have been covered in them, and written so well, even a wet-footed soul as myself was able to follow them.

Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles