PDA

View Full Version : Where do i put files so they show up at /

darthczyz
04-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Hey guys,
i'm trying to remaster a knoppix cd, and i'd like to add a directory to the root of the cd. the program that i'm trying to run really needs to be at / because it has a whole directory structure set up and frequently uses that within the program. however, when i put it on the CD, it added it to
/KNOPPIX/
which caused many problems. i see that there are symbolic links to other directories on / ... do you know where i can add more of these? thanks

skiz

rcook
04-07-2004, 04:33 PM
I suspect you are going to have to unzip and mount the initial ramdrive, It is in the boot files as miniroot.gz.

Unzip it to tmp\somename and then mount the file as an ext2 partition, using -o loop=/dev/loopNN (NN the integer of your choice). Check and see if it has the symbolic links to Knoppix directory. If it does, it is the one to which you will add a new symbolic link to your KNOPPIX/directory.

After you have made the link, unmount the file, rezip it and replace the original miniroot.gz.

darthczyz
04-07-2004, 06:49 PM
rcook,
if i had goldstars, or knew a first grade teacher that had them, i'd give you one. worked like a charm. thanks a lot