PDA

View Full Version : 1 package not fully installed or removed

c01100011
04-07-2004, 05:41 PM
I am a noob and was playing way to far above my head and i think i broke it pretty good this time. :lol:

I was attempting to install mozilla firefox so i downloaded the package and tried to install from a local package. I got a message mid way through that said something about an invaled package. I atempted to install again but got this message

0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove and 32 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/1163kB of archives.
After unpacking 3224kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database ... 111086 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing mozilla-firefox-locale-fr ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/mozilla-firefox-locale-fr.postrm: line 12: update-mozilla-firefox-chrome: command not found
dpkg: error processing mozilla-firefox-locale-fr (--remove):
subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 127
Errors were encountered while processing:
mozilla-firefox-locale-fr
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Please help !

Durand Hicks
04-07-2004, 07:03 PM
You didn't break it. I had reported a similar problem when upgrading mozilla and found the problem was caused by a scripting error in mozilla-chrome. You may have to open a console as root and type:
dpkg --purge mozilla-firefox-locale-fr Next, you may or will have to fix the update-mozilla-firefox-chrome script with your favorite editor, at line 12. I don't have mozilla-firefox so I can't debug that script for you without installing it first on my system. After you fix the script, try the apt-get install mozilla-firefox command again and it should work.

HTH,

Durand

c01100011
04-07-2004, 08:58 PM
dpkg --purge mozilla--firefox-locale-fr

gives the responce

dpkg - warning: ignoring request to remove mozilla--firefox-locale-fr which isn't installed.

anyother possible solutions ?

Durand Hicks
04-08-2004, 03:56 AM
You wrote:
dpkg --purge mozilla--firefox-locale-fr, you only need to use one dash between mozilla and firefox instead of two, like so:
dpkg --purge mozilla-firefox-locale-fr. Spelling errors will "gotcha" every time when using apt-get.