PDA

View Full Version : PCTEL Plantinum V.90 Modem issue

DoD
04-08-2004, 04:07 AM
hello i just got a Knoppix-STD live CD and everything works fine accept the modem. I have a PCTEL Platinum V.90 modem. This issue seems like the same one that someone posted earlier in the forums but it's a different kind of modem and i tried resolving it the same way they did but didn't get results. Anyway, i set the modem as ttyS0 and hardware flow control and CR/LF. I then go to modem and query the modem and it says Modem Ready and goes through and goes through the ATIs but they're all blank. I then try to dial up my ISP and it says Modem Ready then Initializing Modem... then it stalls there and the log window only says "Expecting Only" i asked someone and they said it was a soft modem or something and that hard is better. But i did a search on google and there weren't many people who had this issue. I've tried everything i can figure out (which isn't much since i'm knew to knoppix and linux in general). Does anyone know what's going on?

OErjan
04-09-2004, 09:02 AM
is it the right port? i have a "ghostmodem" in mu computer, it works the same as you state. it seems to work but it is nothng atached and empty squares in the listing after detection.

DoD
04-09-2004, 06:28 PM
well it's set to the only port that finds it. The other ports say that it the modem couldn't be found or the modem is busy. and as for my last post, it should've read for the log "Expecting: OK" I've looked everywhere and nothing seems to solve this problem. like i said, i'm new to linux and knoppix seems to be a kick-@$$ OS but i have to switch back to my XP Pro to talk to anyone or to surf the web. Thanks for anyone who thinks they can help me.

DoD
04-09-2004, 06:29 PM
does anyone know if the cheat pci=biosirq would work in this situation?