PDA

View Full Version : Starting X11 Error in Install of Knoppix 3.3

ses182
04-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Okay heres the basic info....newbie...want to learn linux...still want to keep windows....made partiton with partion magic 4.5 gigs for linux....64mb ram....HP Pavilion (ya its crap)....I can run the CD and though it moves pretty slow it still works....I ran through the tutorial to install on my hard drive and when I press ctrl-alt-f1 the screen switches to the root screen and it says error starting X11....I type the knx-hdinstall and it says something about error with memory sending kill and then it hangs....any help would be great

ses182
04-08-2004, 05:37 PM
I did some research and when I found that we are supposed to use knoppix-installer instead of hdinstall.....so I went to the root menu and got the same starting x11 error and the full error is cannot intialize the agpart module. /lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/kernal/char/drmi810.o: init_module cannot allocate memory

and the install error I just got after it says that its not stable and to back up yo stuff it gives me this "install error: expexted at least 7 tokensfor --checklist, have 4 use help to list options

any help would be great