PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 3.3 CD Soundcard Issue: No Sound

haohmaruxi
04-08-2004, 10:27 PM
Hi, I have recently downloaded Knoppix 3.3 CD version and it detects my soundcard and all, but, I still have no sound.

I have tried modpluge (forgot what the actual command was, but I know it does something to the drivers) and knoppix alsa, but those havent seemed to work.

The only other connection I have to this problem is this error I recieve at boot:

insmod:a module named audio already exists.

My soundcard is a Soundblaster PCI 512 and the driver it uses is EMU10k1.

Hope you can help!

Ripper
04-09-2004, 02:46 AM
I have exactly this problem with my audigy card when using Knoppix live, I am told that the module is not currently in the module search path. Can anyone help?

Neo-Rio
04-09-2004, 03:08 AM
I have the same problem with my Audigy2 platinum. I think the problem is IRQ related, and is probably a bug in the linux kernel.

Not so long ago I hooked up two drives to a built in RAID on my motherboard. Since then, Linux has gone AWOL on my system. Fedora crashed on me, and Knoppix stopped playing sound like it used to.

I just hope the latest kernel fixes these problems.......

toaster2
04-09-2004, 08:02 PM
On my Audigy 2, everything looked all right, but I had no sound. I solved the problem after downloading and installing ALSA. I used the alsamixer to bring up the volume from 0, which was the default. The KDE mixer wasn't working for me.

manatarms1775
04-10-2004, 04:48 AM
I had a similar problem but fixed it with this command at boot -
knoppix alsa

Now my audiology card is working just fine.

fingers99
04-10-2004, 07:45 PM
I think the problem is IRQ related, and is probably a bug in the linux kernel.

It could be IRQ related (soundcards are notorious for trying to grab the wrong IRQ) but I doubt it's a fault in the kernel.

Folks, if you have the option, try selecting "non plug and play OS" in the bios (setting the bios to defaults usually has the same effect) and try again.