PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Garbled SCREEN display after boot from CD

WirelessTechRadio
04-10-2004, 06:09 PM
I downloaded the Knoppix-STD following reading a TECHTV ScreenSavers segment on recovering lost passwords. I purchased an old HP LH NetServerPro from Dovebid auctions two months ago. It has NT installed on it. I want to use thus server to store encoded audio files from my Wireless Tech Radio Internet streamed radio talk show on Wireless technologies.

The folks at Knoppix-STD.org suggested my issues are Knoppix related so to try here.

I successfully burned the CD and can BOOT the HP machine. After POST when the Knoppix program appears to begin to load I get one (1) clean screen display then problems.

The screen appears to squish UP into 2/3 of the screen display. Nothing appears in the bottom 1/3. Also the text only display appears shifted 15-20 characters or more to the RIGHT and wraps around to the left side by 6-8 characters. I suspect information on the bottom is not displayed at all.

I would appreciate any assistance anyone can provide me here in diagnosing the problem. Please ask me the questions I need to answer to help you assist me. I'll re-run the problem to try to identify and answers your questions.

Maybe we can interatively decode what's going on.

Thanks anyone.

Jim Sutton
Founder, Wireless Tech Radio

Stephen
04-10-2004, 08:28 PM
Assuming that it has the same type of cheat codes (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes) available for use then try knoppix xvrefresh=60 xmodule=?? replace the ?? with the module for the video card in the system and you may want to add a screen= for the screen size as well.