PDA

View Full Version : Ndiswrapper succes stories

coindood
04-12-2004, 01:48 AM
Has anyone gotten ndiswrapper to work with their card? If so, please post how you got it to work, and the hardware you are running. This could help me and everyone else looking for help!

talon0769
04-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Linksys WPC54G card

Running ndiswrapper-0.6

I checked the instructions and followed them to the letter. I copied my windows xp drivers to the ndiswrapper directory.

Now on bootup all I have to do is drop to a shell and type the following:

iwcongig wlan0
iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
iwconfig wlan0 essid myessid " whatever your essid is"

Now I run netcardconfig and allow DHCP

Everything works fine. The only problem I have had is after I appied my windows xp updates I couldn't get it working. I checked the forums here and found a little command that done the trick...

sudo mii-tool-r

Hope this helps some.... I'm still new and have a long ways to go !!!

talon0769
04-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Opps typo on the above message:

Should have read iwconfig wlan0 NOT iwcogig wlan0

Sorry !!

torbu
05-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Got it to work (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=46665#46665) with the Intel Centrino Pro2100 chipset of my Toshiba TECRA M1 by just following the Ndiswrapper v0.7 installation instructions.

cariboo
06-15-2004, 07:24 PM
I'd like to add a me too!

I've got an MSI PC54G. I used driverloader by Linuxant first, but the driver expired after 30 days. I found ndiswrapper, followed the directions and it just plains works.

The only complaint I have now is that I have to run wavelan configuration everytime I reboot.

Ninja
07-10-2004, 02:14 AM
Now here's the fun part. Has anyone gotten it to work using Live CD Knoppix? If you ask me, installing Knoppix on your HD is really pointless.

aay
07-10-2004, 06:53 AM
Now here's the fun part. Has anyone gotten it to work using Live CD Knoppix? If you ask me, installing Knoppix on your HD is really pointless.

The new Kanotix has the NDIS wrapper on it by default so you might want to give it a try.

knoppix_user_si
11-01-2004, 12:52 PM
i have ndiswrapper on knoppix 3,7... but i can't find hda1 partition, when i browse for driver... :?

grant_vallance
11-01-2004, 03:16 PM

Yup, I have ...

Detailed instructions are found on the sticky post Success with Knoppix 3.6 and Wireless networking. That was done using the LiveCD and ndiswrapper with both Belkin PCI and notebook cards.

I did change my HD under M$ and create a folder high in the file hierarchy for convenience. E.g. I created C:\Belkin to put the requisite .inf file in there, but strictly speaking as long as you can navigate to where the file is, that is all you need to do.

HTH

Grant D. Vallance