PDA

View Full Version : Problems with mouse

vital_pc
04-12-2004, 08:26 AM
hi. i've run knoppix-cd correctly and i thaught that everything was ok. BUT the mouse, which is a normal mouse without wireless and optic-laser, didn't move.
THANK's

Loper
04-12-2004, 02:59 PM
hi. i've run knoppix-cd correctly and i thaught that everything was ok. BUT the mouse, which is a normal mouse without wireless and optic-laser, didn't move.
Is it a PS/2 or USB mouse? If it's USB, check your BIOS setup screen and toggle the Legacy USB Support setting--if it's on, turn it off, if it's off, turn it on.

vital_pc
04-12-2004, 06:48 PM
it's a simple ps/2 mouse. i can't understand it because a year ago i had installed mandrake 9.2 and my mouse went well. and this knoppix-cd is well-copied because one friend tried it and run well.
THX to help me.

Loper
04-12-2004, 10:11 PM
it's a simple ps/2 mouse. i can't understand it because a year ago i had installed mandrake 9.2 and my mouse went well. and this knoppix-cd is well-copied because one friend tried it and run well.
I have seen cases where a mouse caused wierd problems--in one case, a mouse kept me from installing SUSE. I think it was a timing issue. Mouses have processors that vary, and processors have to "shake hands"--if the "hands" keep missing, problems ensue. Try another mouse, is all I can suggest.

vital_pc
04-12-2004, 10:43 PM
thank's for your help. i think that i will install another time the whole linux mandrake system.