PDA

View Full Version : KDE 3.1

good_karma69
02-26-2003, 10:16 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a guide to installing KDE 3.1 on a remastered version of Knoppix 3.1? I have the all the debs.

Thanx all!

audioaficionado
02-28-2003, 07:08 AM
Do you mean KDE3.1 on the regular Knoppix CD in place of KDE3.0 or on the hard drive?

good_karma69
02-28-2003, 01:12 PM
Yes, id like to install it on a remastered version of knoppix.

I have been working on a little project for a number of weeks to create a remastered version of knoppix, without openoffice and other apps that are useless on knoppix in my opinion, and replace them with crypto tools, lighter office packages and better games, id like to add kde3.1 to that list because on reading reviews, it seems much faster.

I have no idea what to do however, I have all the relevant *.deb files from the free cds of LinuxFormat magazine (UK), and I dont have an internet connection so I cant apt-get files from the web (i make do with buying new cds of current to update my running debian woody system).

good_karma69
02-28-2003, 01:14 PM
Sorry, I'll rephrase that. I know how to remaster a knoppix cd, I've done so a few times, all successfully in last couple of months, but I dont know how to install kde3.1 on knoppix, in place of kde3.0