PDA

View Full Version : Gaim on Yahoo! (unable to read)

Bazy
04-12-2004, 04:44 PM
I am useing Knoppix 3.3, downloaded 3 days ago...
Everything is ok... excepting when I try to conect with Gaim to Yahoo...
It says conecting... then I get an error message "unable to read". I've disabled some firewall rulez from the internet gateway and set it just to SNAT me... and it still doesn't work. I've changed the pager host from scs.yahoo.com to scs.msg.yahoo.com as it sayid on gaim's website... and it still doesn't work... tell me what to do...

Thank you :)

pau1knopp
04-12-2004, 06:17 PM
I can verify that this was resolved with gaim v0.76, which was just released April 1, 2004. Hopefully the updated version will make it onto the new (and eagerly anticipated) 3.4 release.

see http://gaim.sourceforge.net/ for more details...

Stephen
04-12-2004, 08:13 PM
I am useing Knoppix 3.3, downloaded 3 days ago...
Everything is ok... excepting when I try to conect with Gaim to Yahoo...
It says conecting... then I get an error message "unable to read". I've disabled some firewall rulez from the internet gateway and set it just to SNAT me... and it still doesn't work. I've changed the pager host from scs.yahoo.com to scs.msg.yahoo.com as it sayid on gaim's website... and it still doesn't work... tell me what to do...

Thank you :)

If you are installed to the HD then you may want to check into installing either kopote or you can get a ymessenger .deb from Yahoo itself both will connect fine.