PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

pablomalvarez
04-19-2004, 05:29 PM
i have a boot cd version, my cuestion is: ¿can run this version without hard disk?

thanks and sorry for my bad english.-

mcaycedo
04-19-2004, 05:33 PM
No hay ningun problema de usarlo sin el disco duro. este solo es necesario si se desea grabar el trabajo hecho en la sesion o para guardar los cambios de configuración. Si solo se va a navegar por internet o leer email no hace ninguna falta el disco duro

You won't need the hard disk, except if you need to save your work or your changes to the configuration.

pablomalvarez
04-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Thank you for your help.
I have one more....
when i boot whit CD, the computer in the first time seem ok, but later the screen turn to black and teh led "caps lock" and "Scroll lock" turn on, turn off, turn on, turn off.....
if you can help me...
thanks.

mcaycedo
04-21-2004, 06:26 PM
But, in the end.. what happens? The graphical environment launchs ok?

pablomalvarez
04-23-2004, 01:32 PM
NOOO!!, the screen is black, this is all...
my computer is a Pentium, 64 mb RAM, 1MB Video.

thanks for you time.

nvgringo
04-23-2004, 02:27 PM
si quiere a usar Knoppix con KDE necesita mas ram. Possible puede usar damn small http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/

you may need more ram to use Knoppix with KDE You might be able to use Damn Small

Sorry for my Spanish I think my name explains

pablomalvarez
04-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Jaa!!, thank you I try "damn small", your spanish is very good!!!.-

Thanks friend.

mzilikazi
04-26-2004, 09:00 PM
Thank you for your help.
I have one more....
when i boot whit CD, the computer in the first time seem ok, but later the screen turn to black and teh led "caps lock" and "Scroll lock" turn on, turn off, turn on, turn off.....
if you can help me...
thanks.

Sounds like a kernel panic to me. You may want to check the md5sum of the image you burned. If it's OK boot with knoppix testcd which should return "Everything looks ok" or somesuch.