PDA

View Full Version : n00b questions

kidclueless
04-19-2004, 06:35 PM
hey, I finally installed knoppix last night... I was hooked once I used the 'live-cd'. The install went just fine. however, my boot loader ended up hiding the files on my win98 drive, and deleting the boot files on my xp drive. I'm sure I can fix that tho. The one and only issue I am having is when I try to install kde themes. Every time I try to run the 'install.sh' file, I get this error:

sh-2.05b# sh style-install.sh
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
Luna Style for KDE installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ;o)

kidclueless
04-20-2004, 03:22 AM
anybody know why I get that error while trying to install styles? somebody has to know?,.... anybody?

Stephen
04-20-2004, 04:29 AM
anybody know why I get that error while trying to install styles? somebody has to know?,.... anybody?

It just looks like a warning not an error is says at the bottom of the output that it was installed. So have you tried to use it? If it did not work then were you running KDE when you tried to install by running the script in a console window after using su to become root? If not then try it that way.

kidclueless
04-20-2004, 06:14 AM
well... it sorta worked.. the taskbar background changed, and so did the progress bars... but not the windows,.. and there isnt a 'start' button on the task bar even tho the theme was supposed to put one... it looks ok tho .. i suppose.. i'll figure it out sooner or later.