PDA

View Full Version : Bootmanager LILO? aendern

unno
04-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Ich habe mit knoppix-installer ein Debian aus Knoppix installiert. Alles supper! Beim booten kommt ein Bootmenu mit der Überschrift "Lilo 22.5.7.2 Boot Menu" um die boot Reihenfolge und das delay zu ändern habe ich lilo.conf editiert und danach als root lilo ausgeführt. Die Meldungen sind ok. Wenn ich wieder neu starte sind die Änderungen ohne Auswirkung.
Was ist das Problem? Wie kann ich das Lilo n22.5.7.2 Bootmenü ändern.
Danke!

mzilikazi
04-28-2004, 11:24 PM
If you're willing to repost in English I'll try to help. :)

Static_C
04-28-2004, 11:50 PM
Something like:

I installed a Debian with knoppix-installer out of Knoppix. All super! In that comes boot a Bootmenu with the heading "Lilo 22.5.7.2 boot Menu" around the boots sequence and to change the delay have I lilo. conf editer and after that as root lilo carried out. The messages are ok. If I are again newly would start the changes without effect. What is the problem? How I can change the Lilo n22.5.7.2 boat menu. Thanks!

That's the best I can do with it. Does that make any sense?

Chris

mzilikazi
04-29-2004, 12:40 AM
Does that make any sense?

Chris

I think so. :) thanks.

If you want to change the menu edit /etc/lilo.conf as you did with your favorite editor. Save the file and then you need to run lilo.

lilo -v

It should not error. If it does then you need to re-edit the file. To get a prompt at the boot menu you need 2 things in lilo.conf

prompt

delay=100

That gives you a delay of 10 seconds before boot.

Now I would suggest installing grub as it reads its own configuration everytime and there is no need to 'run' anything. It's really quite easy to do also:

apt-get instal grub
grub-install /dev/hda
update-grub

Static_C
04-29-2004, 09:21 AM
Static_C wrote:
Does that make any sense?

Chris

I think so. thanks.

lol Doing my best. :lol:

Loosly translates to (I think [I hope :? ]):

Wenn Sie das Menü ändern wollen, redigieren Sie /etc/lilo.conf, als Sie mit Ihrem Lieblingsredakteur machten. Außer der Akte und dann Sie müssen lilo laufen.

lilo -v

Es soll nicht Fehler. Wenn es dann Sie macht, müssen redigiert die Akte der. betr. Um ein Anforderungszeichen am Stiefelmenü Sie zu erhalten, brauchen Sie 2 Dinge in lilo. conf

prompt

delay=100

Das gibt Ihnen eine Verspätung von 10 Sekunden vor Stiefel.

Jetzt würde ich vorschlagen, daß das Installieren von grub, während es seine eigene Konfiguration jederzeit liest, und, daß es gibt kein '' irgendetwas laufen muß. Es ist wirklich ziemlich leicht, auch zu machen:

apt-get instal grub
grub-install /dev/hda
update-grub

Vergeben Sie mein armes Deutsch. Ich bin ein Amerikaner. lol :D

Ich benutze Lilo nicht. Ich benutze dies: http://gag.sourceforge.net/ Es ist ein sehr nettes Programm. :)

Chris

unno
04-29-2004, 09:41 AM
I would like first to thank Stati_C for his help to translate my question. This was realy nice!! :D .
Thanks to mizilikazi for his help. I'am going to try this out this afternoon. My susspision was that the the knoppix-installer had already installed grub, this I use on my other computer.
Manny thanks :D
unno

unno
04-29-2004, 10:25 AM
:cry: Sorry I tried out what you suggested, again no change of the start menu. For more info: I use the WindowsXP botmrg in the MBR and the linux LILO?? in the Linux Partition. So I would like delay=0. Also only Linnux should be booted by Lilo; I know how to do this with Lilo. As my linunx boot template remains allway the same, could it be that grub has been installe by knoppix-installer? Where do I find the grub installation file? and what is it's name. Or exists there another lio configuration file?
Thanks for advice!
unno

OErjan
04-29-2004, 11:40 AM
you can use XP/NT/win2k... bootloader to start Linux. just write LILO to a floppy, make a "image" of the floppy-mbr put that image as a lable in C:\ BOOT.INI, mine looks like this.

[boot loader]
timeout=2
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
[operating systems]
C:\linux.ipl="LINUX"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect

a quick guide with a few more details.

1) make lilo write to floppy, have this line in lilo.conf:

boot=/dev/fd0

2) make a image of the floppy-mbr:

dd if=/dev/fd0 of=/dev/fd0/linux.ipl bs=512 count=1

3) put a copy of linux.ipl in C:\ (from the floppy)

4) Modifiy c:\boot.ini -- add a line with:

c:\linux.ipl="Linux"

repeat 2) and 3) every time you run LILO.

Microsoft ntldr now believes you hae yet another windows installed. happy booting

unno
04-29-2004, 09:05 PM
Thank you very much OErjan!
I implemented you propsal and now everything works fine. :D :D :D
Good support! :) [/quote]

OErjan
04-30-2004, 06:07 PM
i use that on girlfriends computer. the mbr is guarded by her antivir. so if i install lilo there it goes wild. easyer that way...
happy it worked for you aswell.

unno
04-30-2004, 08:47 PM
It works very well, thank you again
unno :D