PDA

View Full Version : Windows problems after trying Knoppix CD

Dr_Adder
04-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Hi, I borrowed a Knoppix-STD disk from a friend, put it in my CD drive, and rebooted the computer. At this point I had not changed my boot up to CD. The computer began to boot, went thru the POST, then rebooted again and again and again...I took the CD out and it still does the same thing. I can't boot into safe mode either, just a bunch of junk scrolls down the screen. I switched to the CD boot and Knoppix loads. Obviously I'm a newbie and have never messed with Knoppix so I don't know if it's working right, but the Windows boot is hosed, just a continuous reboot. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

OErjan
04-29-2004, 07:10 PM
ou are joking? right? never heard of it. hmmm, knoppix only acesses hd readonly, nothing is stored there, you must have had bad luck.
anyway what version of win do you have? do you have the cd?

aay
04-30-2004, 01:35 AM
Hi, I borrowed a Knoppix-STD disk from a friend, put it in my CD drive, and rebooted the computer. At this point I had not changed my boot up to CD. The computer began to boot, went thru the POST, then rebooted again and again and again...I took the CD out and it still does the same thing. I can't boot into safe mode either, just a bunch of junk scrolls down the screen. I switched to the CD boot and Knoppix loads. Obviously I'm a newbie and have never messed with Knoppix so I don't know if it's working right, but the Windows boot is hosed, just a continuous reboot. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Do this:

Remove the power cord from the back of the computer.

Hold the power button for a good 5-10 seconds.

Plug the power cable back in and boot the computer.

Some time ago there were some Dells were noted to not be able to boot into windows after running Knoppix. It was a very strange problem, but eventually folks came upon a fix. Give it a try and report back.